If variety is the spice of life, let Helix sprinkle some zing on
your next trip to DC. Located in the residential Logan Circle
neighborhood in the Arts District. We're the closest hotel to the
hip-and-coming U Street Corridor, walking distance to Dupont
Circle, 14th Street and downtown. So you're in the right spot. Now,
what about the Helix itself? Think personality plus. Life of the
party. Helix is the kind of place that's more than somewhere to
stay. It's a story you tell all the way home. Come visit us soon
and get your story started.
Your 15 minutes begins now. Here at Helix, prepare to be treated
like a rock star. Maybe it's our location in Logan Circle, just
steps from the U Street Corridor with it's galleries, shops, cafe's
and clubs; not to mention 14th Street nightlife, Dupont Circle, and
downtown - all so close. It's quite a scene and trust us, never
boring. No wonder we attract such an eclectic array of guests -
from American and European business travelers to fun-loving
families and even entertainers. Maybe that's because our motto is
"Your 15 Minutes." We're all about catering to your inner rock
Kimpton Hotels adopted the first national environmental program within the boutique and lifestyle hotel industry. The award winning EarthCare program is designed to support a sustainable world by establishing standards for environmentally friendly products and practices.
EarthCare's first environmental distinction was the 2006 GeoTourism Award from the National Geographic Traveler and Travel Industry Association of America (TIA). Since then, Kimpton hotels have been recognized by the California Environmental Protection Agency, San Francisco Green Business Program, American Hotel and Lodging Association, Massachusetts Good EarthKeeping, Salt Lake City e2 Sustainability Award, Portland BlueWorks and Outstanding Sustainable Style Achievement (OSSA).
- EarthCare Products: Comprehensive recycling facilities; Use of non-chemical cleaning products; use of recycled and natural paper compounds; organic coffee, tea, wine and snacks; low flow water systems (showers, faucets, and toilets); energy efficient lighting; soaps, shampoos, and conditioners made from socially and environmentally responsible companies; reusable mugs replacing plastic, styrofoam, and paper cups; and, signage and displays created to communicate EarthCare to the general public.
- EarthCare Practices: Nationwide Eco Champions Organization of over 50 employees; formal back of house recycling programs; hosted public sustainability event “Come Get Dirty with Us;” weekly tips and environmental information through company newsletter; coat hangers recycled back to dry cleaning company; styrofoam and food packaging eliminated from back of house; towel and linen reuse program; environmental purchasing policy on internal on-line catalog; eWaste recycling program established; created best practices recommendations (over 30 practices and growing) for all hotels to incorporate over the lifetime of the program; and, unused amenities donated to local charities.
- ATM/Cash Machine
- Audio/Visual Equipment
- Bell Staff
- Boat Rentals
- Breakfast Buffet
- Business Center
- Cable/Satellite Television
- City Center Location
- Express Check In/Out
- Front Desk Open 24 Hours
- Golf Course
- In-Room Data Port
- In-Room Kitchens
- In-Room Mini Bars
- Internet Access
- Kitchenettes (Some Rooms)
- Maid Service
- Non-Smoking Rooms
- Private Bathrooms
- Valet Parking
- Wake-Up Service
- Check-in Time: 3:00 PM
- Check-out Time: 12:00 PM
- Parking: $33.00 per day
- Valet Parking: $40.00 per day
- Rollaway: $25.00
- Pet Policy: All pets welcome. Your loving pooch will enjoy pet friendly amenities, such as water and food bowls, dog beds and mats, pet treats, bottled water, pick-up bags and DC guides to local parks and pet services.